Lafayette Parish – Baton Rouge and Lake Charles, Louisiana Dermatology and Medical Spa
Acne is the term for blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, and even deeper lumps (cysts or nodules) that can occur on almost any part of the body but is most common on the face, chest and back. Acne affects most teenagers to some extent but is not restricted to any age group. While not a life threatening condition, acne can be upsetting and disfiguring. When severe, acne can lead to serious and permanent scarring. Prevention and correction of acne is important because even less severe cases may lead to mild disfigurement.
- Gently washing the affected area(s) with warm water and a mild cleanser twice a day to remove dead skin cells and excess oil. Please ask one of our esthetician’s which cleanser is right for your type of acne.
- Using your topical and/or Oral Prescriptions (if any) as directed by founder & medical director of a Jeuné and Acadiana Dermatology Dr. Hubbell.
- Acne Surgery is a medical extraction performed for the relief of commodones.
- Chemical Peels may help to unclog those stubborn clogged pores.
- Microdermabrasion will help to turbo charge you traditional topical therapies and help to get rid of dry skin created from these Prescriptions.
- PhotoDynamic Therapy (PDT) for the reduction of bacteria, oil, and active acne.
Founder & Medical Director, a Jeuné and Acadiana Dermatology
Board Certified Dermatologist / Dermasurgeon Please ask about our complimentary VISIA Digital Complexion Analysis.